Sean Connery in Dorian: ‘lucky’ to have escaped Hurricane Dorian unharmed.

Sean Connery, famous for evading danger as suave spy James Bond, considers himself lucky to have survived one real-life disaster.

The actor, who turned 89 last month, told the Daily Mail he and his wife Micheline Roquebrune rode out Hurricane Dorian from their home in the Bahamas.

READ  Grumpy Jose Mourinho has his mojo again simply in time to steer Man Utd within the derby - David McDonnell

The devastating hurricane left the former 007 agent shaken, but still alive.

“We are both fine,” he said. “We were lucky compared to many others and the damage here was not great.”

Though the tabloid reports Connery’s island of New Providence saw torrential rain, heavy winds and fallen trees, the actor’s mansion was spared.

READ  Arsene Wenger 'being mentioned by Bayern board' as Niko Kovac substitute

“We had been prepared for the storm, everything was ready in advance – we weren’t taking any chances and knew what to do,” he said.

According to the New York Post and Yahoo News, Connery moved to the Bahamas in the 1990s.

Category 5 Dorian slammed into the island chain Sunday, the strongest hurricane to make landfall in the Atlantic basin since 1935.

READ  5 issues seen as Cristiano Ronaldo meets Juventus team-mates and boss for first time

Though Connery is still alive and his mansion is still standing, the death toll in the Bahamas has jumped to 30 and is expected to rise significantly. Property losses could hit $7 billion, not including infrastructure and autos.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here